We all have heard about anxiety and have gone through the same at some point of time in our lives .
But What Is Anxiety?
Anxiety is a state of worry, nervousness or ease about something for which the outcome is not sure or uncertain.
Anxiety is a normal reaction or we can say an emotion .OR we can say our reaction of 🧠 brain to respond to stress that some danger is ahead.
Let me clear you with some easy examples which everyone has faced in their daily lives.
- You might get anxious when exams are nearby
- When you have done something wrong and you have to confess it to your parents.
- When you go on a stage
- OR while taking an important decision
This is all occasional anxiety ,which is very normal and okay and necessary for our life’s normal functioning.
Our Mam used to say too much stress will make you dysfunction and will not allow you to see the things clearly ;too little stress will make you easy and careless and your work quality again will be very poor .
Moderate stress will allow you to think clearly, organize and will help you to complete your goal.
So,TENSION should always be COOL TENSION 😎
With the current lifestyle and materialistic behavior, people are becoming more prone to anxiety disorders
And now with the ongoing covid 19 pandemic going on ,the anxiety cases are increasing at an alarming rate.
Types of Anxiety Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)- In other words you can say Panic disorder Intense fear that can result from any panic attack. Result of some suppresed emotions or some trautamic event happened in the lifetime .The person can profusely sweat,high palpitations or chest pain or you feel something is getting choked in your throat
- Generalized anxiety disorder(GAD) — Unrealistic worry and tension all the times without any specific reason or about little things .
- Social Anxiety Disorder commonly called as Social Phobia..This can happen when you have to perform at a stage, giving presentations . When person has a fear of embarrassment or getting judged or ridiculed.
- Separation anxiety Disorder (SAD)– Little ones like kids are more prone but anyone can have e.g Shifting to a new place, changing of school , loss of a loved one and you might also worry that something bad can happen to your loved one
- PHOBIA– Fear of any specific object or situations like someone has a fear of height , darkness ,someone has a fear of getting caught up in a lift (Agoraphobia).
- Obsessive compulsive Disorder (OCD)- characterized by repetitive, unwanted thoughts, repetitive behaviors such as repetitive hand washing ,repetitive counting ,checking the gas stove either its open or closed.
Causes of Anxiety Disorder
Statistics show that exact causes of these disorders are not known..but some of them may be
- Any kind of Abuse ,sexual or childhood
- 💊 Medications
- Substance abuse
- Low self esteem
- Negative life events
- Authoritarian parenting
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorder
Treatment of Anxiety Disorder
The first step is to consult a Doctor to make it sure that no physical problem is causing the symptoms to surface.
Unfortunately major population of society facing anxiety issues doesn’t try to seek help . Some are ignorant about the illness and some have social stigma attached to them.
If anyone is dealing with anxiety on a regular basis, medication doesn’t be the only solution.
If the symptoms are severe combining medications with Psychotherapy will get greater and effective results.
CBT or REBT has proven an effective solution for this disorder ;as it helps the person to change his or her dysfunctional thought pattern.
SELF HELP AND MANAGEMENT
- Avoid caffeine
- Any type of exercise
- Dance movement therapy
- Meditation to calm the mind and body
- Indulging into any activity which one is longing for
- Talking to your loved ones on a regular basis
- Social media detox
HEALTHY MIND +HEALTHY BODY = HAPPY 😊 LIFE
Take charge of your own feelings and symptoms … If you are facing the same and not able to resolve your issues ; please take help as this is only life we are living.
So,live life to the fullest!!
#Ray of Hope
Feel free to book a session, if you going through any problem in your life .